Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Pain Matters Documentary, by the Discovery Channel

 

Pain Matters Documentary, by the Discovery Channel

Please take time to view this educational documentary put out by the Discovery Channel: "Pain Matters." It is very enlightening about #ChronicPain. All of us on this journey should educate ourselves about chronic pain and share this information with others to help the general population be aware that this is a very real disease affecting 100 million people in the USA.

This well done documentary centers around the stories of six people with chronic pain and how it affects their lives, as well as their loved ones. It includes leading pain management experts giving scientific input on chronic pain, how it's treated and the future of pain management. 

It centers around the experiences of a U.S. Navy veteran who was injured serving in Iraq, a Stanley Cup-winning hockey player, a car accident survivor, as well as individuals with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). 

As always please share this with others to help educate them and leave a comment about what you think about this in the comments area!

Please click this link to view: Pain Matters Documentary, by the Discovery Channel



This blog is for all of us with chronic pain! Do you have a favorite topic on chronic pain, documentary, book, video or even a blog to share you'd like me to cover in this blog? I'd love to hear about it! Share in the comments below.

If you enjoyed this post, then please subscribe for updates or follow by email





1 comment:

  1. I'm sitting here with tears running down my face. I have not moved today, not turned on a light in the house, no TV. I relate so much to all of them, especially the last lady's story. I am an RN, but was medically terminated last month. Currently I have CRPS in my left foot and leg after a botched surgery that ultimately needed reconstruction with Bone grafting. I can't walk for 5 months now. I already was a chronic pain patient from having Ehlers Danlos hypermobility type, narcolepsy with cateplexy, Interstitial cystitis, and fibromyalgia. I live alone, and cannot even get out of my house without help. I miss my job, even though it was causing me so much more pain, as I could lose myself in helping others to fight theirs. It makes me angry to see the number of health Care workers who treat chronic pain patients like we are lower than the low. We constantly are in a battle to try and prove we aren't losing. Guilty without chance of innocence.
    Tomorrow is another day, I will get myself at least once around this small apartment to care for my kitties. I too pray for death, but I don't want suicide to be the thing my children remember about me.

    ReplyDelete

As always, please feel free to leave a comment, ask questions, or give suggestions!