This is our number one favorite breakfast for when we have company over! Hubby brought this recipe home from an elderly Mexican, Papa Garcia; he worked with in south Texas 35 years ago. This man use to bring a brown paper sack full of them to share with coworkers. We have been making them ever since! The sausage can be made days ahead of time. So all you need to do is set out the tortillas, cheese, sausage and salsa in bowls and scramble up the eggs! (My hubby usually cooks this easy meal!) Everyone can make their own burrito! The below recipe is for making them to freeze. We don’t normally do that, but it would be a great breakfast to make ahead and have on hand in the freezer! I bet they would be great baked as well!
12 eggs, beaten
1 lb bulk sausage, cooked
1/2 cup chunky salsa
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
24 flour tortillas
- Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage cheese and salsa.
- Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- Wrap in a paper towel.
- Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
This is my mom’s favorite brunch casserole that she made through the years! This was usually put together the night ahead, covered and put in the refrigerator, then cooked in the morning just before being served. I have been making this savory, cheesy dish for Christmas brunch almost every year! It goes fast!
Seriously! Having a major craving for this right NOW! Love these! Great to have on a breakfast buffet with different meats for all to assemble their own! I add hash browns, yogurts, juices and fruits!
6 bagels of your choice
1 1/2 cup egg, whipped
6 slices of cooked Canadian bacon, sausage patties or 1 pound cooked bacon
6 slices of American cheese
Cook the meat as desired. When almost done, spray a medium sized pan with a small amount of cooking spray, Add whipped eggs to pan. Cook until firm. Turn eggs over and finish cooking Cut eggs into sizes that will fit onto bagels. Layer the cheese, meat and egg on toasted bagels. Enjoy!
A very flavorful, simple but elegant breakfast dish that is a good recipe to use when you have company or when you are entertaining for brunch. Put together the night before and bake while you are getting ready for the day.
1 lb French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 1⁄2 cups milk (or half-and-half cream)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Grease a 9x13x2 rectangular baking dish.
- Place half the bread cubes in the dish.
- Sprinkle with cream cheese cubes and then remaining bread cubes.
- Combine eggs, cream, melted butter and syrup.
- Mix well and pour over bread and cheese cubes.
- Using a spatula, press layers down to moisten.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake uncovered for 35- 40 minutes at 350ºF, or until set and golden brown.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with your favorite syrup, or a big dollop of whipped cream.