Sunday, April 19, 2015

Brave

Brave

One of my neurologists had said that I was "very brave" to live in pain every day as I do. I just thought that was a very odd thing to say. I defined brave as a soldier, or some heroic character. It really touched my heart, so when I got home I Googled the definition. It opened my eyes to a new way of looking at all us chronic pain survivors!  I tend to demean myself, so one of my "tools" for my new "normal" is to stop doing that! If you do this to yourself, please stop! Be kind to you! And go a step further and please encourage others to be kind to themselves as well!! You, dear fellow chronic pain survivors, are extremely BRAVE!! And don't let anyone ever demean you for this life we endure every single day! 

brave
brāv/
adjective
  1. 1
    ready to face and endure danger or pain; showing courage.
    "a brave soldier"
    synonyms:courageousvaliant, valorous, intrepidheroiclionhearted
    boldfearlessgallantdaringpluckyaudaciousMore



noun
  1. 1
    people who are ready to face and endure danger or pain.
  2. 2
    dated
    an American Indian warrior.
    synonyms:warriorsoldierfighter
    "an Indian brave"

verb
  1. 1
    endure or face (unpleasant conditions or behavior) without showing fear.
    "we had to brave the full heat of the sun"
    synonyms:endure, put up with, bearwithstandweathersuffer, go through; More

No comments:

Post a Comment

As always, please feel free to leave a comment, ask questions, or give suggestions!